The Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) is soliciting applications for appointments to the Washington State Interagency Coordinating Council (SICC) for infants and toddlers with disabilities and their families. SICC is mandated by the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Part C and established through the Governor’s Executive Order 14-03. As such, the Governor appoints the members of the council. Council members advise and assist DCYF in implementing the ESIT program per the federal requirements of IDEA Part C.
Applications are currently sought for representation in the following vacancies on the Council:
- Parent/Caregiver of an infant, toddler, or child with a disability aged 12 or younger, who has knowledge of or experience with programs for infants, toddlers, and children with disabilities
- Tribal Leader (any Washington Tribe)
- Tribal Part C Provider (Bureau of Indian Education funded)
- Early Intervention Service Provider (from one of the six DCYF regions not currently represented on the council – prioritize rural community)
- Washington Head Start Representative
Interested individuals are encouraged to apply by completing the application on the Governor’s website. In the drop-down list, the SICC is titled “Infants & Toddlers with Disabilities and their Families.”
If you have questions, please email Sue Rose, ESIT Stakeholder Engagement Manager.